Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Attributes determine a character's efficiency at performing specific tasks while in the wasteland or inside the shelter. Some items or tasks require a survivor to have a minimum value for a particular attribute. Characters can gain experience and level up their attributes whenever they are used.
- Strength = Dictates damage dealt with weapons or fists. Also used to figure out if a "bully" attempt was successful.
- Dexterity = Used to work out if an attack in combat hits. Also used to figure out if a "flee" attempt is successful.
- Intelligence = Used in "recruitment" attempts. The higher the number the better the chance you have of recruiting them.
- Charisma = Used in "trade" attempts. The higher the number the better the chance of getting "good" trades with NPCs.
- Perception = This is used when searching locations and dictates your chance of item discovery.
While in the shelter, characters can increase strength and dexterity by training with a punchbag and can improve intelligence constructing items and by reading books (in the case of adults) or playing with toys (in the case of children). Perception and charisma may also be improved by reading books or playing with toys.
When away from the shelter, characters can become more perceptive by visiting many locations on an expedition and can develop their charisma by trading with other survivors.