Traits determine a character's efficiency while at the shelter. Characters can change traits depending on certain gameplay events. When creating a character, players have the option to choose one positive trait. Traits do change character stats. After creation, each character is randomly assigned a negative trait as well.
Traits[edit | edit source]
|Positive||Negative||Effects||How to Change|
|Courageous||Cowardice||First two attacks in an "attack to kill" are guaranteed to hit/miss.||Win fights|
|Proactive||Lazy||Moves faster slower in the shelter and whilst exploring.||Go on expeditions|
|Optimistic||Pessimistic||Gains stress slower/Faster.||Return from an expedition with loot|
|Hands-on||Hands-off||Craft and fix faster/slower||Craft and fix things at the shelter|
|Resourceful||Wasteful||Higher/lower chance of recovering items when de-constructing objects|| De-construct 20 items at the shelter?
|Hygienic||Unhygienic||Dirtiness increases at a slower/faster rate||Get food poisoning|
|Deep Sleeper||Light Sleeper||Tiredness stat decreases faster/slower when sleeping|| Getting plentiful rest?
|Small Eater||Big Eater||Food rations relieve more/loss hunger|| Getting plentiful meals?
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Courageous generally goes well with the "Troubled" stat set.
- Proactive generally goes well with the "Street Smart" stat set.
- Resourceful is good to have late game but early on serves little to no purpose.
- Optimistic is good to have late game but early on serves little to no purpose.
- Hands-on generally goes well with the